We consider children from ages five to 14 to be unaccompanied minors when traveling without a companion of at least 15 years of age. Even though they're on their own, we'll be there to help every step of the way with our unaccompanied minor escort service.
We're sorry but we won't accept unaccompanied minors who are under five years of age. Children age 15-17 have the option to travel as an unaccompanied minor with escort service or may travel as an adult passenger.
Please review the following guidelines and procedures to make sure your unaccompanied minor has a great experience with us.
• Unaccompanied minors may travel on any Frontier nonstop flight, including international flights.
• Unaccompanied minors cannot be booked on connecting itineraries or on flights that make a stop enroute.
• Children traveling unaccompanied pay a full adult fare.
• Regardless of fare type purchased, we charge a $110 service fee per direction for each traveling unaccompanied minor to cover extra handling, a beverage, and a snack.
o The fee is waived if the child is an Elite level member of Frontier Miles®.
• To ensure a safe and comfortable flight, all unaccompanied minors will be seated in the last rows of the aircraft regardless of the Fare Option purchased as this allows our flight attendant to better supervise unaccompanied minor travel.
• We require all of the following information when booking and checking in an unaccompanied minor:
o The name and telephone number of the adult bringing the child to the airport.
o The name and telephone number of the adult meeting the child at his/her destination.
• We recommend you feed your child prior to departure or provide your child with a snack to carry on the flight. A complimentary beverage service and complimentary snack will be provided if your child's flight offers this service.
o Please note that our snack items may contain "tree nuts", soy, wheat, dairy, or eggs. Snack items may be packaged in a facility that processes peanuts and other nuts.
• Because we want your child's travel experience to be as smooth as possible, we recommend that you check in at least two hours prior to departure. The Unaccompanied Minor Request For Carriage Form
is required at check-in and must be completed by the person bringing the child to the airport. To save time, the form may be completed online and printed prior to arriving at the airport.
• You'll need to escort your child to the gate and wait until the aircraft has taken off before you leave the airport. We will provide you with an escort pass to get to the gate. As directed by TSA, gate passes may only be provided to a limited number of people. Therefore, we recommend only one adult escort an unaccompanied minor for pick up and drop off.
• During courtesy boarding, one of our representatives will escort your child onto the plane, assist with any carry-on luggage, and introduce your child to the crew.
We'll only release the child to the designated recipient. Advise the party picking up your child to bring his or her photo identification and to arrive at the airport early enough to obtain a pass from our ticket counter. This pass will allow the designated recipient access through security to meet your child at the gate immediately upon aircraft arrival. The designated recipient must be a named person and cannot be an organization such as a youth camp. For your child's safety, the child won't be released to the designated recipient until the identification has been reviewed by one of our employees. Upon arrival, your child will have a personal escort from the aircraft to the designated pick-up person.
We recognize that the safe transport of your child is your number one concern, and we know the importance of that responsibility. We will provide your child with a safe, comfortable and memorable experience. Please contact our chat agents
with any questions.